Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Back From The Dead

It's been a LONG time. Still not sure if this is "my thing," but I am getting requests to show the progress on my '82 Virago.
Well, here goes:
The day I picked her up...

I was not a fan of the seat (duh), so I replaced it with a springer seat which entailed making a plate to mount it to, and re-routing the wiring and relays that were stored under the seat.


I was content with this... for a little while. Being my main mode of transportation to and from work year round (Las Vegas, baby. Hell yah!!) I had put about 4000 miles on it. However, I was always poking around for a bigger bike. After about 5500 miles I decided it was perfect to scoot back and forth to work and the occasional bike trip, and stopped looking and decided to turn it into a bobber.
So, I got a set of 12" 'Apes,' and replaced the tail light and signal light.


I have now removed the front fender, put on a new speedometer, "bare-bones" re-wiring, wrapped the exhaust, etc. etc. etc... however I don't have pictures ... yet. She broke down on me, and my old man and I have done some major surgery without significant results. Going to go through the carbs again this weekend to see if that'll clear it up finally (been a month-and-a-half-now) . I do have a very quick a dirty sketch I did at work in microsoft paint (ha ha!!) of how I'm going to paint once I get her on the road again. Check it out.


It'll be painted just like the P51 Fighter "Gunfighter" one of my all-time-favorite planes. We'll see how it turns out. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

The Brandleys said...

Aww honey you blogged! I hope you guys get it going too. I'd love to see that paint job on a bike that runs like a top!
p.s. my word verification is renne... Weird huh!